Odd Even Birth Dates

nickel_kg

My mom and dad were both born on odd-numbered days. All four of us kids were born on odd-numbered days. My DH's family is even: his mom and dad, brother, and himself all born on even-numbered days. DH=even, me=odd, our DD=even. So we're a mixed family of three. LOL. What about you: even, odd, or mixed?

If anyone cares to make this mathematical, have at it. Or suggest a more interesting topic for a dull day....

SaveComment16Like
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jupidupi

Dad odd, Mom even, exactly nine months apart. My dad used to say that the day he was born, the good lord got to work making him a wife.

BTW, us kids are even, odd, even. But I will say, my middle brother always has been a little odd.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nickel_kg
nickel_kg

Sweet comment from your Dad, jupidupi :-)

1 Like Save    
blfenton

My mom was even and my dad was odd. Of the six kids there are 4 odd and 2 even.

DH and I are both odd and our sons are one of each.

Save     Thanked by nickel_kg
georgysmom2

Both girls born on the 17th, both boys on the 9th. DH and I are even.

Kathsgrdn

Mom, odd, Dad, even. Brothers: odd both. Me: odd. Daughter: odd, son: even. We are a mostly odd family lol

1 Like Save     Thanked by nickel_kg
bpath reads banned books too

Hmm, I never thought about it! My younger son is the "odd"ball among us. DH and I, older son, and all the grands are evens. Is DS#2 odd? Well, he's certainly smarter than all of us combined!

hallngarden

Never thought about before. My parents even, us even, our kids even, spouses even, grands are even. Guess that makes us odd.

dedtired

Hmm, both parents and me , odd. Brother and sister even. One kid odd, one kid even. No pattern there

nickel_kg

Hallngarden, that's clever!, odd indeed :-)

There must be a way to calculate the odds of mixed vs all odd/even for a set number of people. But statistics class was a loooooong time ago.

Save    
Cherryfizz

Me and my siblings in birth order 13, 29, 13, 15, 29, 2, 5, 17. My parents 12, 18. Birth years are 1918, 1922, 1939, 1944, 1946, 1947, 1951, 1956, 1959, 1964

wanda_va

I was born on an odd-numbered day, but everyone else in my family was born on an even-numbered day.

kathyg_in_mi

Us and our kids were all born on even years. 1946, 1948, 1972, 1976, 1978, 1980. Only one son was born on an odd day, all the rest of us on even days. But that son, as a child was like Contrary Mary. I called him Contrark Mark! If I said the sky was blue, he would say it was purple!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Mom, dad, me all even. Hubby even.

yeonassky

Parents both even. Two older sisters odd myself and two younger sisters even. The evens outweigh the odds in this case. DH is odd DS and DD are also odd. DN who lives with us is even.

Even though no one asked the kittens and dogs are all odd as well. The odds outweigh the evens in my family for birth day

For birth year it's even odd odd odd even even. The pets are even even even and even. The evens out weigh the odds this time.

Yayagal

In my family, all my siblings and I were born on the 18th. To make it more interesting, every house and property we have owned has been number 18. You could say it's our lucky number.

1 Like Save     Thanked by nickel_kg
nickel_kg

Yayagal, that *is* rare! For even/odd, every birth has about a 50/50 chance. For one particular number per month, that would be more like 1 in 30 chance. Then to have a streak of such occurrences....

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bedrooms How to Pull Off Mismatched Nightstands
Despite their differences, night tables with unequal heights, varying colors and even odd-couple styles can get along just fine
Full Story
Bedrooms Before and After: French Country Master Suite Renovation
Sheila Rich helps couple reconfigure dark, dated rooms to welcome elegance, efficiency and relaxation
Full Story
Bathroom Makeovers Inside Houzz: A Chopped-Up Bathroom Goes Streamlined and Swank
By Houzz
Dysfunctionally divided and dated too, this bath needed major help. The homeowner found it on Houzz
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
GBC Kitchen & Bath has been in remodeling business for over 10 years providing products and services mainly in... Read More