SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trouzernc

the good, the bad and the quilted...

trouzernc
3 years ago

Like many of you, I am Sheltering in Place and it has been not fun. But I’m getting used to it now and managing to keep my sanity most of the time.

First, the bad news: since Nov. 2019, I’ve had neck pain from degenerative neck disease. Yes, it has a name, but basically this happens “as we get older.” Had an MRI and two doctors said I was not a candidate for surgery. So now, I’m getting physical therapy and acupuncture every week and it seems to be helping. Also, my PCP put me on a low dose pain medication and a muscle relaxer. All these efforts seem to be helping.

The good news is I’m getting some sewing done, baking bread regularly, and found a stash of fabric for clothing that I’d forgotten about. So now I can do more sewing!

Here is what I finished this month:

Sweet and Sassy Quilt for our Crossroads charity for women and girls who have been abused:

And 2 + 4 quilt, a baby quilt for Alamance Pregnancy Services:

This is the start of my guild Round Ostrich project. We take a center block or panel, add a checkerboard (the first round), then a row of flying geese, then a row of our choice and maybe a few more rows, but I am stopping at my next row which will be raw edge appliqué - which I will post when it is finished. The center butterfly is from a group of butterfly blocks I bought years ago at a big Labor Day flea market in Hillsville, Va.

Stay safe, dear friends! I’ll check in again soon.

Teresa in North Carolina

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz