SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tikkitikki

Help with new-build landscaping in Florida

elise
3 years ago

We're new to Florida, we're building in zone 9B, and we just got a suggested plan from the landscaper. Although I know very little about landscaping or specific plants here, I feel like the plan is a little . . . blah. Here are some of my concerns:

1. I really prefer large groupings of one-style of plantings and/or layering of varieties. I don't see much of that. Overall, everything at the front of the house just seems really ho-hum.

2. Because of how our pool is situated, we are mostly concerned about privacy from the home on our east side. To the west, we have a view of a waterway, so can we have two different groupings? One on the east (something higher) and one on the west (lower)? Or does that look odd?

3. We'll have a screen around the pool, but we'll eventually fence the property, so we're wondering about clusia just on the inside of the fence for privacy overall? If that is advisable, should we skip any privacy hedges suggested for next to the pool screen?

*Apologies for the slightly blurry plan image. Uploading it was a struggle. Let me know if you can’t read something.

That's a start. I have so many questions about various elements, I could go on all day. We're meeting with the landscaper at the site on Thursday. Thank you!

Comments (20)