SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamaandsage

leveling concrete slab for vinyl-off by 4/16" ok?

mamaandsage
3 years ago

In my contract for vinyl planks we are getting laid down it says "Concrete or any other approved substrate must be flat to within 3/16" in 10 linear feet to achieve best finished appearance of flooring." We can fell a "dip" in front of fridge. I'm surprised we can feel it cuz when I measure it's 4/16" in one small area. I think I hired a top notch company and they've been doing lots of grinding and in the area they added concrete and grinded, again. They were telling me stories of having to go in and fix someone's floor that was professionally installed because slab wasn't level.

I mentioned it to the guy who's doing the job and there is a langauge barrier but he was saying the 3/16" rule was from the whole length of the 10' metal bar he's using. I can't quite understand that since it doesn't have a level on it but maybe I'm missing something. I wasn't sure if being off by 1/16" in the way I'm explaining could cause probs down the road. I can't see it buckeling or anything like that but better to check. Thx!

Comments (29)