SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artiafields

Should the tilt out tray on the kitchen sink cabinet also soft close?

Tia S
3 years ago

Hey guys!

The kitchen cabinets finally arrived... well I picked them up. We couldn’t delay our contractor another three days waiting for them so we picked them up Friday. After getting them unloaded off the truck and unboxed, I realized I was missing an item. Smh. No one called and told me the balance was back ordered and it’s stalled for another 3 weeks.

Question 1
Will my contractor be able to install the upper cabinets without the cabinet valance? He has the measurements.

Next problem. After inspecting the cabinets, I realized that the kitchen sink base cabinet’s tilt out tray SLAMS so loud when closing. It does not have a soft close feature at all. The rest of the cabinets are all soft close. Does the tilt out tray not have a soft close feature? Just asking before I contact the store about this concern. If they do not, what did you all add to your tilt out tray to stop it from slamming so loudly? I noticed it does not have the small clear dots on draw as well. I do plan to add those as some extras came in the care package for the cabinets.

Thanks

Comments (26)