SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Is allergy fatigue curable?

l pinkmountain
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

As some of you may know, I'm suffering like never before from some kind of malaise that seems like allergies. I've been to my doctor, I went last week, after weeks of suffering and seeing no change. Seems unlikely to be covid and my Dr. concurs. I've tried several OTC antihistamines, none work so far. I've tried the anti mucus stuff and the herbal and vitamin route. Right now I am on antibiotics to rule out sinus infection that is bacterial, and so far no improvement. After that, I will try flonase and a few remaining antihistamines. Also neti pot has not been implemented yet. I have one on back order from my new go-to mail order health and beauty store. I try to "eat clean" as they say, although right now my appetite is bad due to the antibiotics doing a number on my gut. Not working now so getting plenty of sleep. I'm not allergic to gluten although I limit my servings of it to once, or twice a day tops. Usually only once but sometimes I sneak a treat. Not lately.

The worst problem is I am chronically tired, my ears ring, I'm slightly dizzy and I have zero energy. Doing a light task wears me out completely and I even get a little light headed sometimes.

I looked online for any literature on combating allergy related tiredness. The main suggestion was to treat the allergies with a non-drowsy antihistamine. I've tried lortadine which is in Claritin, and and fexofenadine which is in Allegra. Also diphenyldramamine which is in benadryl. That won't work for tiredness as it causes drowsiness. Have not yet tried cetrazine, which is in Zyrtec. I take multi with all the goodies, lysine, fenugreek, an acidopholus tab, acetyl n cystine, vit. D, calcium, C and magnesium. I've tried gads of tumeric, and olive leaf with little effect. Also tried elderberry and echinacea. I use a warm mist vaporizer at night and run an air filter during the day. Guaifenasin make me ill and is useless anyway.

I was already experiencing an energy drop due to what I diagnosed as decreased cardiac stamina due to being more sedentary than usual. I had started on a regime of every day workouts during the winter at the local senior center free gym, and weekend swims at the local pool. But all that had to stop with the pandemic. Now if I do about 45 min. yardwork I am done for the day. I could take walks but at this point my energy is so low it's either walks or do laundry and dishes for the day and I need the housework to get done. I don't have an underlying heart condition and Dr. does not suggest lung condition so far. They sound OK as to what they might be routinely looking for I guess. With constant post nasal drip, that is right now being named as the source of the lung congestion and constant coughing. That's another rotten thing, if I talk too long or move too much I get coughing fits.

Has anyone ever had to come back from something like this? What has worked for you? One thing I know from past experience is your immune system often kick in and out of gear on its own whims. I've tried every immune strengthening strategy I could think of to no avail, and then it often seems like the switch just flips and it shoos all the symptoms away almost overnight. We dust and vacuum and clean frequently. I am sadly limiting my time outside too.

I haven't tried acupuncture or any type of exercise routine other than cardio which I've dropped to conserve energy. I only occasionally do deep breathing, kind of seems like a nothing burger to me but I'm probably wrong. I am spotty on my water drinking.

Comments (31)