SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daimler98

Ralph Lauren furniture by EJ Victor vs RL furniture by Henredon

daimler98
3 years ago

Hello,

I recently bought a new RL EJ Victor velvet sofa and a vintage RL Henredon accent chair, mohair and showroom sample, and am noticing the vintage RL Henredon seems to be better made than the EJ Victor. I am not sure why.

The RL EJ Victor is an elite spring down bench sofa in navy blue velvet. The bench cushion needs to be constantly adjusted, not because it is pulling up on the sides (it does have buckles to secure it on both sides) but rather because it winds up looking and feeling deformed after a few hours of use. Due to this it looks sloppy and seems to affect comfort.

The RL EJ Victor also shows the “underlining fabric“below the velvet along the seams and it is getting worse. It’s sort of a beige mesh fabric that is visible. Not sure exactly what it is I am seeing.

The RL Henredon chair, in black,, is comfortable all day long, is not looking bad at the seams, the cushion does not look deformed after use and only requires normal care.

RL does not seem to offer after purchase support so prior to the pandemic I emailed EJ Victor. No reply.

I am not finding much info regarding RL furniture, regardless of manufacturer, on the internet.

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment (1)