SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trevor_cairns16

Help choosing a porch color on our white century home!

Trevor Cairns
3 years ago

My wife and I bought a small (but tall) century home in Ohio a year and a half ago. We just started doing the landscaping and exterior design.

So far I've removed the old (too short) railings, updated the address numbers, and put in a new paver path plus stairs. The next big exterior project staring us in the face is how to refinish the porch.

The previous owners obviously didn't prime the floor before painting it and it is peeling all over down to the old bare wood. Due to money restraints this year we just want to repaint it. We also do not want to paint the whole exterior - we figure we'll have to get new siding in a few years anyways.

I've attached some pictures. The house is all white. The new path and stairs are red/grey. Roofs are black. Door is a bluish green. (the last picture makes it way to green because of lighting) All other details are white. We got a few sample colors and tried them on spots - trying to figure out which direction to go - whether to paint just the porch or the porch and trim. And in what colors.

Would love some design assistance since I cant seem to come up with much help researching on my own!

Comments (20)