SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Couple hardy water lily questions

catherinet
3 years ago

My memory is bad and sometimes I fail to take notes. I overwintered 2 hardy water lilies. One is doing great (just leaves, but in an above-ground stock tank). It had been buried in the ground with leaves over it. The other one is at the bottom of a 300 gallon in-ground stock tank (where it spent the winter). I live in Indiana. Problem is, I can't remember what kind/color either of them is. I'm thinking they are probably drop and grow lilies, but can't remember for sure. We didn't have a bad winter and the in-ground tank never froze much and I kept an air-hole in it when it did. I have fertilized this lily, but nothing is happening at all. Is it fairly normal to see no growth at all by this time (June 3)? I don't want to wait much longer to plant a new one. We did clean this tank out about 3 weeks ago, and the lily pot was covered with a thick layer of algae.......but I don't think that would have a bad effect........?

Here's a pic of the one in the above ground tank. Do you know of a drop and grow lily that would have these kind of leaves? Thanks.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio