SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
epicurious

Backyard Privacy ideas to hide metal monster please!

Sibarita
3 years ago

I truly need your help. I need ideas to create some privacy in my yard. My house is Midcentury modern with a large yard, a pool, and a view of a lake in Colorado. Unfortunately, a few years ago, my neighbor sold his house to a couple that moved in and parked their 12 feet hight RV right next to our 6 feet fence. Needless to say, what use to be a lovely view is now destroyed by the constant presence of that ugly giant. That thing truly crushes our spirits every time we sit outside by the pool. We live in a city that will not enforce the zoning codes regulations for RV parking (trust me, we did try) but at the same time, they will not grant me a permit to increase the height of the fence in order to hide the eyesore. We did try talking to our neighbor as well and very nicely asked, even though she is infringing the law by parking her RV over there if she could move the RV just a little (she has plenty of room to park that thing ) but she just answered: " you are going to have to get used to it". Yes indeed, that was her answer.

We would love some ideas to create an instant tall (12 feet) privacy "something" that I could install in front of my entire fence. When I say instant, I mean no greenery or trees that would take 300 years to achieve maturity by the time that I am fertilizer. It would also need to be something that would go in harmony with my midcentury modern so something very clean and minimalistic. I will be immensely grateful for any of your thoughts and ideas. We LOVE our place and we want to try some landscaping options before going the route of moving to another place.

Comments (20)