*Floof* how many sinks DO you actually have?

Texas_Gem

A certain post got me thinking. How many sinks do you actually have?
My first home purchase had 2, one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.
My first apartment had 3, one in the kitchen and one in each bathroom.
My current home has 8!!! 12 if you are counting the entire property which includes a shop and a separate MIL quarters.
If I did have to suddenly go buy a bottle of soap for each sink, I would certainly look like I'm a hoarder!
So how about you?
As an addendum, how many toilets?
I've got 5 on the property.
5 toilets and 12 sinks.

SaveComment66Like1
Comments (66)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathsgrdn

3 sinks, 2 toilets.

Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
jkayd_il5

5 sinks, 3 toilets

ratherbesewing

8 sinks, 4 toilets

arcy_gw

4 sinks 2 toilets....but only two of the sinks is used 99% of the time.

Raye Smith

6 sinks, 4 toilets, had to do a mental count since I rarely use the ones in the basement.

ghoghunter

When I ran out of soft soap I just went back to using bar soap. Soap is soap!Oh and I have 3 sinks and 2 toilets.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
Uptown Gal

5 sinks, 3 toilets.

happy2b…gw

At the woodhouse, 4 sinks, 3 toilets. At the riverhouse: 3 in the bathroom, 2 sinks in the kitchen, and 3 toilets in the main house and 2 sinks, 1 toilet in the cottage.

Annie Deighnaugh

6 sinks, 3 toilets and a 2 1/2 holer outhouse.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

We have eight sinks, and four toilets. We use bar soap at all but the kitchen sink.

OutsidePlaying

8 sinks, 3 toilets.

dedtired

4 sinks, 2 toilets.

mama goose_gw zn6OH

House: 5 sinks, 3 toilets. We use bar soap or diluted dish liquid for hand washing.

Empty apartment over garage: 1 sink, 1 toilet

I have two vintage sinks outside--one double drainboard, used as a potting bench, and one porcelain pedestal, against the side of the barn--no water to either. I don't know if the outhouse can be counted as a toilet--the seat has been removed and it's being used as a shed for the garden tools. Oh, and I have a bathtub in the front yard. ;)

Jasdip

I live in an apartment.....double sink in the kitchen and 1 sink in the bathroom.

Liquid soap in the kitchen, bar soap and liquid soap in the bathroom. i use bar soap (my shower bars when they get too small) Hubby liked the liquid soap, so it's still there for any visitors.

I buy the large refill at Dollarama and fill the smaller ones at the sinks as needed.

nickel_kg

Current home: 3 in bathrooms, one in kitchen, one in basement = 5 sinks, 3 toilets. Former home: 5 in bathrooms, (4 toilets), 2 in kitchen, zero elsewhere although basement and mudroom would have been very handy = 7 sinks.

raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Sinks: 3 (kitchen, bath and basement utility tub)

Toilet: 1

OklaMoni

two sinks, one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, one toilet... well, you know where... LOL makes it easy.

But, why can't one spread the soap around? Can't those bottles be refilled/poured in to several?

Moni

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
Texas_Gem

I'm curious Annie, is your outhouse functional or used as a shed like Mama goose?

Save    
maddielee

Between 2 houses that we personally use (not rentals), we have 10 sinks. 6 toilets. If we still used one property for short term rental income, we would have an additional 4 sinks and 2 more toilets.

Fourteen sinks needing soap looks like a lot when you count and write it out. 😊

georgysmom2

I have two sinks in kitchen but counting that as one since it's side by side, making total count 8. Five toilets.

marylmi

Three sinks......kitchen, bathroom, and basement. I only need one large container of soap and refill each dispenser as needed. One toilet.

Annie Deighnaugh

Texas Gem, our outhouse is functional, it's pretty and it doesn't smell. We use it in the summer if we've been gardening and don't want to drag our muddy feet through the house.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
adellabedella_usa

We have seven sinks. I think they all have liquid soap and a couple with bar soap. I just usually buy Bath and Body works for the liquid soap when I find it on sale at the outlet store.

bpath reads banned books too

Four toilets, 9 sinks! OMG, I hadn’t counted up the sinks before. Two utility sinks up the count, and the double vanity in the hall bath, even though the kids never use one of them so it just gets dusty, ugh. Oh, and there is a sink in the garage waiting to be hooked up. It’s a vintage sink in excellent condition, I mean to put it in the laundry room and move the cheap laundry room utility sink to the garage. One of these days . . .

Jasdip

Wow Annie!! I've never seen anything like your outhouse!!!

Is interior decorating your passion?

beesneeds

That's a lovely outhouse Annie, I want something like that out back for the gardens :)

lindaohnowga

4 sinks, 3 toilets

jill302

7 sinks/3 toilets. In normal times I buy most of my liquid hand soap at Home Goods, they often have a brand that we like. Usually pick up two to three at a time, as I see it, keep a small supply in our linen closet. I also had a refill bottle of Soft Soap from Costco, we used it as our other liquid soap ran out. Much prefer the Home Goods soap, but were happy to have the Soft Soap as a back-up.

Rose Pekelnicky

4 sinks, one is in the basement and rarely used. 2 toilets. I wanted a refill for the liquid soap dispenser in the main bathroom when things were scarce. I bought a 30 oz bottle of lemon dish soap at the Dollar tree

Texas_Gem

Georgymom- do you mean you have 2 completely separate sinks with their own drains and faucets right next to each other in the kitchen or a sink with multiple bowls?

I'm trying to picture it from your description and having a hard time.

Save    
Lukki Irish

Annie, that is the cutest out house I’ve ever seen!

We have 5 sinks and 3 toilets

ci_lantro

5 sinks, 3 toilets. A sink in each bathroom plus one in the kitchen & a laundry sink in the basement.

Pump soap dispenser in each bathroom plus the kitchen. Actually the most used ground floor bathroom has two soap dispensers; I dug out a no-touch dispenser when the Covid biz started. Refill w/ whatever soap I have--body wash, bubble bath, shampoo I don't like, all bought cheap at garage sales. In the basement, I use the Fels Naptha laundry bar or the gritty nasty-dirty hands bar soap.

I grew up in a small town--population <800 in a sparsely population area. Good chance that what you want can't be bought without a road trip to the next slightly larger town or a 60 mile trip to the little big city. So, you grow up learning to think outside the box--what is it that I have that can be made to work? And you learn to think of privation as an opportunity for an 'ah hah moment' that gives you satisfaction to gloat about how clever you were! :-)

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
sheilajoyce_gw

6 sinks, 3 toilets

happy2b…gw

Annie, you have a luxury outhouse.

Annie Deighnaugh

Jasdip, Is interior decorating your passion?

I have been known to decorate a room or two....

Lindsey_CA

7 sinks, 3 toilets

lisa_fla

7/3

terilyn

6 sinks, 3 toilets.

Lars

In Los Angeles: two bathrooms, each with single sinks and single toilets. One divided sink in the kitchen.

In Cathedral City: two bathrooms, one with a double sink, and one with a single sink. One bathroom has a toilet and the other bathroom has a water closet. Divided sink in the kitchen.

Total: (7) sinks and (4) toilets

The last place I lived in San Francisco had two water closets. I'm sure OklaMoni knows that toilets are not always in the bathrooms. I think W/C's are more common in Europe, and they are standard in San Francisco, at least in the Victorians where I lived.

kathyg_in_mi

3/2

DawnInCal

Between the two houses, we have six sinks and three toilets.

Love your outhouse, Annie! Is that composting toilet inside?

chisue

The 4 toilets are an easy count. Sinks are more complicated. There are 11 drains *from* sinks. Each of three bathrooms has a sink and MBath has two. Kitchen has one double sink and a bar/prep sink. Back hall has a laundry sink. There's an unused double laundry sink in the unfinished basement -- left from the teardown house. We use mostly liquid hand soap, but DH and I each use bar soap in MBath to avoid preservatives.

marilyn_c

2 bathrooms, 2 sinks. Double sink in the kitchen. 2 toilets inside the house.

In the barn, there is a sink in the vet area, and there is a bathroom in the office in the barn, so a sink and toilet in there. Total of 5 sinks and 3 toilets.

hallngarden

9 sinks 5 toilets. This includes pool house.

morz8

6 sinks. Luckily, they don't run low on soap all at once. And I don't keep the same type soap at each sink, do not find myself buying 6 of something at the same time.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Current home has a double bowl kitchen sink, 2 bathroom sinks and 2 toilets. There's a work sink in the garage.

4 sinks total and 2 toilets

I personally need soap with an easy to use pump. I am not able to close my hands enough to hold a bar of soap, it keeps falling out. I buy the big economy refill bottles of whatever I find at a good price. I use the little pump bottles till they get hard to use then I throw it out and buy another one. Generally it is some type of Soft Soap. I did have stainless steel pump bottles I bought for all the sinks at the previous house, I didn't like the pump action.

My husband prefers a bar of soap for the shower. I have pump bottles and some squeeze bottles. Much prefer pumps.

At the kitchen sink I have my Dawn detergent in a decorative pump bottle because I can't hold any of the bottles. I really like the Dawn detergent that is in a small pump bottle that is foam. I buy the refill bottles for it when I can find it.

The wider flatter pumps are much easier to use for people with hand disabilities.

Annie I remember back when you shared the story of your outhouse and showed several pictures! Love it!

Fun2BHere

10 sinks/5 toilets in my house. I buy soap refill pouches to refill all of the sink-side dispensers.

Marilyn_Sue

In the house I live in I have 3 sinks and two toilets.\

Sue

Annie Deighnaugh

Dawn, no, it's just an old-fashioned pit. The outhouse came with the old house that was on our property. When we built new, we kept it. Not sure how old it is as back in the colonial days, they'd just move the outhouse when it got full, but we know it pre-dates 1935 when DH's grandmother bought the property.

Raye Smith

Easy fix for the refillable soap dispensers, Dr Bonner's liquid soap comes in 1 gallon bottles and to make it even better it comes in fragrance free.

matti5

8 sinks, 3 toilets

lonestar123

4 sinks, 3 toilets

fraker

7 toilets, 12 sinks, plus one sink stubbed in.

Hot Rod

US house: 4 sinks, 2 toilets
English home: 2 sinks, 1 toilet
German home: 3 sinks, 2 toilets

Rusty

Three sinks, two toilets.

Rusty

yeonassky

1 house

In non covid times I have bar soap and soft soap at each sink. In covid times I have whatever there is at the store. I finally have hand sanitizer at each entrance to my place. It took a long time to get here but finally arrived.

6 sinks

3 toilets

and I wish it were

4 toilets and 7 sinks. Apparently I don't like sharing bathrooms that much. I might want to be a little spoiled.

Elmer J Fudd

(1) 10 sinks, 5 toilets and (2) 6 and 3. Both locations are for our use, not rented. No basements or outbuildings.

#2 has a for-real WC in the master "bath" because there's a cased opening (wall opening with no door) between the bedroom and the "bathroom".

In the sense of the original question, which was about how many locations soap was needed, one double kitchen sink (with tandem bowls) counts as one.

woodrose

Three sinks, two toilets.

chisue

Forgot the Maui rental condo-- maybe because I just cancelled the Vrbo ad on it. (Lord knows when Hawaii will be 'open' again.) Anyway...two bathrooms each have one sink and one toilet. Double Corian sink in the kitchen. I really miss a laundry/slop sink when we are there, and I don't like doing laundry 'in a closet'.

Texas_Gem

I'm still confused as to what people mean about double kitchen sink.

This is my kitchen sink.

It is a triple bowl sink but it is only one sink.

4 Likes Save    
joann_fl

4 sinks 2 toilets

beesneeds

Forgot to say earlier I was swooning so over Annies outhouse, lol.... 6 sinks. 4 toilets.

The double basin kitchen sink, kitchen/garden powder room, and my loves office bathroom sinks are most often used. That can go down to just the kitchen sink- it's happened during power outages to set up the 5 gal water bottle over it for everything for a couple days. For me it would be really, really weird to have run out of all soap of bar, liquid, foaming, dish, body, shampoo, laundry liquid... to the extent that I have to restock all hand washing ability at all sinks at the same time.

Michael

5 bathrooms with a toilet each. 3 bathrooms with one sink each and 2 bathrooms with 2 sinks each. A kitchen sink, a prep sink, a sink in mechanical room and one sink in garage. That's 11 sinks and 5 toilets.

Looks like most of us are privileged. :)

We don't consider the lake house in Huron an occupied residence but it has two toilets and 5 sinks.

bob_cville

Current house: 14 sinks, 6 toilets plus a composting toilet in the tackroom.

Previous house (rented out): 7 sinks, 4 toilets (one of which I have to go repair today)

Rental house (two units): 4 sinks, 2 toilets.

summersrhythm_z6a

Our country property has 16 sinks and 9 toilets.

wanda_va

11 sinks (plus one laundry tub); 5 toilets.

Annie, I love your outhouse!!

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular How to Choose the Right Kitchen Sink
Learn about basin configurations, sink shapes, materials and even accessories and specialty sinks
Full Story
Most Popular Homeowners Give the Pink Sink Some Love
When it comes to pastel sinks in a vintage bath, some people love ’em and leave ’em. Would you?
Full Story
Kitchen Design The Return of the High-Back Farmhouse Sink
See why this charming and practical sink style is at home in the kitchen and beyond
Full Story
MW Construction performs all types of construction from design-build to general contracting to construction... Read More
At Bull Run Kitchen and Bath, we are dedicated to providing professional service and work hard to ensure that our... Read More