SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Have you learned to do anything new while in isolation?

two25acres
3 years ago

I've been learning about sour dough as have many people. I enjoy it and look forward to doing more with it. For now it's been rustic loaves and pancakes. My sandwich loaves haven't worked out yet but I'll keep trying. I've also started fermenting vegetables. We really like the sauerkraut, cucumbers and carrots. I've found with the sauerkraut I prefer about a 7 day ferment with pink himalayn salt. I refrigerate it on day 7 and take it out of the fridge daily to get to room temp before eating it. It remains semi crunchy and I prefer it that way.

I've also been sewing quite a bit more than normal. We have a very large leather sectional in a carmel color that has been getting to me lately. It needed a change so I made some big pillows and a throw in blues, greens, yellows and white to add some color to it. That has really helped. I made some patterns for some lounging clothes, tops and bottoms. I've got them cut out and just need to sew them up. I've been working from home which is just what I've been looking to do when I find a new job.

Have you learned anything new?

Comments (14)