SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

What new tricks have you learned this past season?

kasha77
13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

We're kind of snowed in today here in NC, and things are moving kind of slow here on the brug forum, so I thought I'd stir things up a bit!

Now that this year's brug season is over for most of us- what new ideas have you learned that have helped you be more successful at growing Brugmansias?

Let's share the wealth of knowledge here - we can all learn new tricks!

Well, I love to experiement, and so I took 3 yellow noid brug cuttings that were rooted and quite long, (2'tall). I placed them standing upright on the ground, then created a raised bed that completely covered all but a few inches of their tops. I used a mix of composted horse manure and stable shavings, mixed with my sandy soil. I made the bed approximately 6' long, 4' wide,2 feet tall and placed them a few feet apart. I watered them a bit to get them going, and then basically left them to fend for themselves all summer. I remember watering them only 2 times, despite our very hot summer here. I had to water the rest of my brugs sometimes 2 x a day! I know what I'm going to do next year, plant all of my brugs this way! By the way- they had only some pest damage, and grew quite healthy and large. Here's some photos of them-

{{gwi:590063}}

{{gwi:590066}}

Anybody else have any findings that you'd like to share?

Thanks!

kasha77

Comments (36)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County