SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_503181684

Looking for suggestions for kitchen remodel

K Hays
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

This is our final cabinet layout. I need your kind help with choosing some things:

Misc: I'll be putting up a woven roman shade. Our appliances, sink and faucet are stainless. Our aesthetic is mid-century modern-ish.

Countertops: leaning towards white quartzite with a heavy vein. Open to any low maintenance suggestions. I was thinking of a butcher block counter on the range wall (light color similar to upper cabs) so I could place hot things on it but is that too busy with quartzite on the other wall? How about butcher block just on the small counter to the right of the range?

Backsplash: we're not doing this right away but I'd like to start getting ideas. I tend to like a geometric pattern but would that be too busy with a pendant light hanging in front of it? Do I cover the entire sink and range wall?

Pendant light: I like natural materials so a woven wood or basket type material would be nice. The space between cabinets is 33". How wide should the light be? How low should it hang?

Flooring: I have a medium colored engineered wood in the adjacent LR (which I HATE) so I'm leaning towards a ceramic or ?? tile. I am stumped as to what color & material. I think I want to stay away from 'wood' planks, right?

Cabinet pulls: I don't really like the black. Should I go stainless or ?

I know that's a lot of ?'s. Any help or suggestions you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Comments (2)