SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2manydiversions

My 60th Birthday Meal(s)… What Was I Thinking? : )

2ManyDiversions
3 years ago

Hi All! Last week I turned the big 6-Oh. I’m now eligible for special Covid-19 privileges reserved for “the elderly” LOL!

We usually dine out for my birthday, not because I enjoy it (I do not think our local restaurants are good), but to be waited on and to have a break from cooking – and then I end up being disappointed with the meal and upset over the cost. This year, due to the above-mentioned virus, I stayed safe, stayed home, and planned what I hoped would be a nice meal for the weekend. I typically cook with DH in mind, meaning potatoes, meat, potatoes, beans, potatoes, bacon, and ‘taters. So… I wanted to make a charcuterie of sorts with food that struck me as tasty, and what was on hand at this time. For dinner, scallops! DH won’t eat them, so I rarely prepare them, and they are a luxury for me. I’d not made cold cucumber soup since my Mom passed away – we both loved it, but the men thought it too prissy, too cold, and too green. I was looking forward to that, as well.

The plan was to sleep late Saturday morning. Breakfast was the one thing I’d made especially for DH – applesauce muffins (instead of the usual hearty breakfast DH enjoys so much), with a fruit and yogurt smoothie for me. Lounge a bit with feet up, doing absolutely nothing (aka ‘feetupping’, a term plllog coined), then casually toss together my prepared foods for nibbles throughout the day whilst lounging even more on the screened porch, engaging in more feetupping. In the evening, when we were hungry, it was to be the scallops and cold soup.

Let me repeat a bit of one sentence “for nibbles throughout the day”. DH and myself. No one else. So, what was I thinking?

3rd Photos for Uploading · More Info

I went overboard! To be continued…

Comments (69)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional