SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_8160796955727018

Blue accent paint color recommendation

Emily E.
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello, I need help deciding whether or not to maintain a contrasting color on the exterior of our home. My husband and I are painting the orange trim of our home white, Benjamin Moore White Dove to be exact. Below is a photo of the work in progress. You'll notice in the front there's a beige color on the inset panels, fine window trim, and column crowns. Originally we told the painter to paint the beige White Dove as well. However, now we're considering maintaining the contrast and paint the beige an accent color. Throughout the interior of our home all the walls, trim, and most of the kitchen cabinetry are Sherwin Williams Alabaster (comparable to BM White Dove). The kitchen island, master bathroom cabinets, and accent walls are Sherwin Williams Naval (a deep navy blue). For the accent color, I think SW Naval is too dark. Instead, I'm thinking of a "dusty" lighter blue, like the cabinetry in the second picture below. My questions to the painting and design experts out there are:

1. Do you think a contrasting color is a good idea or all white will look better?

2. If you recommend contrast, do you think a "dusty" lighter blue would look nice? If not, what else would you recommend?

3. If you think a dusty lighter blue would look nice, what Benjamin Moore color(s) would you recommend?

Thank you for your help and advice.

I found this cabinetry picture on Pinterest and do not know if it is private or public. If it is private and you're the owner, please reply and let me know I should remove it.

Comment (1)