SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tsweinhart

Need Help with Furniture Arrangement

Teresa Stout
3 years ago

Hello!

We are almost ready to move into our new home, and I could use help choosing furniture (and an arrangement) for our living area.

We have an open plan living space, area appx. 18 1/2' wide by 23' long (from wall to kitchen island). I'm attaching some photos for reference.

I've never lived in an open concept before, and I'm having difficulty figuring out what will fit in this space, without feeling too cramped. The space is a little tricky because on one side of the living room you are walking into the space from the entry foyer. The other side of the living space has sliders leading to an outdoor area.

I love the idea of a sectional in this space, but am trying to decide if it will work well, and if it is the "right" choice for this space (instead of a sofa + chairs). We found a sectional we really like, available in 2 sizes (108" or 133"). I've included to-scale floorplans of both options, facing both ways. Do any of these work well?

By the way, in the photos the blue tape on the floor is the larger sectional mapped out...

Thank you for any help/advice you can pass my way!

Comments (7)