SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_bockelman

Buying home before selling

We just listed our home for sale last Thursday and we’ve had a lot of interest (10 showings in 3 days) but no offers as of yet. I know we haven’t been on the market that long, but I thought with that many showings that we would at least have one someone express interest. And we were originally wanting to sell our home first, but we found a new home that we absolutely love. It’s already gone under contract once but the original buyer lost his job which is the only reason it’s back on the market at a discount to try to get a fast sale. My husband and I are thinking about jumping on it - we have the liquidity to put a down payment on the house with a conventional loan, but not the full 20% without selling our first house. We would hope to sell our first house quickly and use those funds to get to 20% equity and get the PMI taken off.

Just curious what others‘ thoughts are on either whether we should be worried that we don’t have an offer yet or on buying a new house before we sell. Anyone done that here before?

Comments (13)