SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkarenorkaren

No tv for near future

samkarenorkaren
3 years ago

My apartment complex was bought by a new management company. Their plan is to turn the complex into Luxury Apartments and of course raise everyone's rent
They started last week replacing a lot of the roofs and the siding on all of the buildings. They did my building on Monday and Tuesday but on Wednesday when I went to watch TV I noticed I had no signal coming from my satellite dish. Went outside to check and I saw that the roofers we're just dumping shingles all over the place and several were caught on the satellite dishes. Ask them to remove them and I still could not get a signal.
I called Dish TV and they said they would send a technician out on Saturday. The technician came out and he told me that my cable wire had been cut. When I went outside to look at it I saw a note taped to my front door that said all satellite dishes were to be removed from the side of the buildings immediately. If we did not remove them the management company would do it. It was then I noticed that a lot of the satellite dishes we're just laying on the ground. Apparently the roofers are taking them down from the buildings if they are in the way.
So, since we are no longer able to have satellite I had to call Dish and cancel my contract with them. they were very nice about it and I am going to receive a credit from my last bill.
The reason I don't have TV yet it is because my only other option is Xfinity cable. I don't want to go with them because it would cost me $80 a month and it is a two-year contract. I plan on moving before then so I am just going to go without television for the time being.
It is now day 5 with no television and it's really not that bad.
SamKaren Your resident dj

Comments (23)