SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shead

Satin nickel faucet with brushed gold hardware and lighting?

shead
3 years ago

Our builder is asking us to choose our faucets sooner than later for the plumbing rough-in. I'm planning to use brushed/champagne gold cabinet hardware in the kitchen and gold fixtures over the island. I had assumed I'd just the same finish on the main sink and prep sink faucets but DH has expressed displeasure at that. Normally, I'd stand firm but with that finish being twice as expensive as a stainless or satin nickel finish (and the fact that I need two faucets), I'm wondering if I can still achieve the look I'm after with the satin nickel or stainless? Cabinets will likely be a light gray. I know mixing metals can look great but I don't want to blow it.

And FWIW, our house is a farmhouse style and fixtures in adjacent rooms will be a mixture of black and gold. I'm also planning to use black or ORV door hardware throughout the house. I'm afraid using black or ORB on the faucets will draw more attention to the fact they are different whereas it seems stainless or satin nickel will blend into the background.

Thoughts?

Comments (16)