SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_gomez62

help me update my brown kitchen

Nicole Gomez
4 years ago

Hi! I desperately need some advice on how to update my kitchen. We’ve already painted the kitchen Repose Grey and I love it.

Next is changing the backsplash and floors but I’m unsure on what direction to go. Initially, I wanted to paint the cabinets a cream color but I actually don’t hate the color of them now. It’s the backsplash and floor I don’t like. The Venetian good granite doesn’t help but it’s staying.

So how do I make brown cabinets and Venetian gold granite be more modern?

I need help with:

• color of subway tile that meshes with cabinets and granite. I was thinking a cream/bone subway tile but not sure how it’ll look with repose grey.
  • floor tile options to match above. We have dark laminate flooring in the living room that meets the kitchen. We’re open to changing all flooring but would also like to explore option of only changing the kitchen tile.
  • lighting options. What can I do to help the bad lighting? Not even sure where to start.

Also, how do I figure out the color/stain of my cabinets? I’m trying to search for inspiration with what I currently have but am not sure what to search.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (22)