SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adri16579

Citrus in gritty mix... when to repot and how?

adri16579
3 years ago

Hello there,

I potted a Trovita Orange and Ponderosa Lemon into Al‘s Gritty mix in May of 2018. There were some bumps in the road along the way, but I think I finally have a system figured out that makes my trees happy.

Which leads me to the entire reason for writing this post. I’m wondering if I’m approaching time to pot up? How would I be able to tell? I’m also not sure how I’d go about doing it since this soil mix is heaaaavy and I am afraid of damaging the trees in the process. So if anyone has videos on that process, I’d love to see it.

Here are my thoughts- I don’t want to repot unless I have to because my trees are finally happy. However, I also don’t want to wait so long that the trees begin to regress.

Other info-

(Not sure if any of this info is necessary, just throwing it out there)

zone: 4

(trees are located in a south facing window and receive supplemental light from grow lights. They are kept indoors year round)

Fertilizer: dynagro

current daytime temps: upper 60s/low 70s

Trovita orange just put on quite a few new leaves and is working on setting feuit. Ponderosa is putting on new leaves and is about to flower.

If it helps, I can attach pictures. Just let me know what you would need to see. I appreciate any advice!

Comments (30)