SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mksmth_zone_6b

Bare root repot gritty mix concerns

a week and a half ago I took the plunge and re-potted most of my trees into the gritty, slighty modified for my area. I did completely bareroot them with a hose and once all the old soil was gone they went straight into the new mix and have have had adequate water since. They have also gotten about 2 hours sun first thing in the morning and the last couple hours just before sunset. the rest is full shade. My smaller key, naval, meyer are doing great like nothing happend. My larger Meyer did drop a few fruit it had on it but not leaves.

My satsuma and larger key are dropping leaves like crazy. First they turn yellow then fall, not like winter leaf drop which is what I thought would happen since the roots would be sort of non functioning. All of them had just had a flush of new growth and bloomed and set a good amount of fruit. I hope they dont drop all the fruit if any.

Transplant shock Im sure but I just wanted to see if this is normal since some are showing no signs at all and these 2 are having issues. This was the first time I have bare rooted any of them.

thanks

Mike

Comments (11)