SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girl_wonder

Towel bars in master bath: 30” or two 18” or ???

girl_wonder
4 years ago

Remodeling master bath. Any opinions on what size towel bars?

It’s the standard rectangular bath, 6’ x 11’ with shower at the end. I have 56” of wall space from the open door to the start of the shower’s tile. Before, I had imagined I could fit two 24” towel bars but that seems tight. Then plan B was a single 36” bar but they are hard to find. So I’m onto plan C: 30” towel bar or plan D: a pair of 18” towel bars. Thoughts/opinions?

FWIW, I don’t have space for a hand towel bar next to the vanity (the side wall has a concealed-cabinet medicine cabinet.) My fall back plan is to install a train rack over the toilet but that’s not my first choice.

Style: I have a 1940 bungalow that I did as “vintage elegant” with white subway on the shower walls and wainscoting, then Carrara marble floor with basketweave insert rug in front of the vanity. For towel bars, I am considering RH’s “vintage” style or “chatham.” I’m open to other ideas but I want them to be good quality. I tried a couple of brands from HD (nameeeks? the finish wasn’t great. Delta—the tp holder‘s bar was plastic. Boo) So if you have a specific suggestion on style, I’m open to that too.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022