SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

What are your favourite songs to sing?

amicus
3 years ago

I am currently recovering from a surgery that I had 12 days ago. Thankfully, the pathology results were early Stage, contained, and with clear lymph nodes, so I won't need any further treatment.

The nurses had directed me to walk slowly around the hospital floor, to get circulation going and to prevent blood clots. They also suggested deep breathing exercises, to ensure I was getting sufficient oxygen. I mentioned that I loved to sing, and asked if I could sing as I walked, (once home) in place of deep breathing exercises, since singing requires lung expansion and good breath control. They agreed that would work just as well, so I'm doing 'musical walks' around my main floor, 3 times daily.

My DH goes for three 30 min. walks a day, for exercise. One is after breakfast, one after lunch and one after dinner. I'm not up to joining him yet, so I decided to coincide my in-house walking, for the same time DH is outside walking. I can say that I inherited a nice singing voice from both my parents, (and choirs and musical theatre in college) so DH actually likes to hear me sing, but not necessarily when he's trying to read, or watch something on t.v., lol!

My 'walking' songs this weeks have been Hallelujah, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Yellow Brick Road and American Pie. I find that once I start to feel a little breathless as I'm walking and singing, I've done enough, and that walking session ends, which is usually after about a half hour, just in time for DH's return. I'll pick some different songs next week. What are your favourite songs to sing?

Comments (33)