Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Sa 4/25

6 years ago

Today is National Sense of Smell day, so show me something fragrant....

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here.

Comments (39)

  • 6 years ago

    At Glacier National Park, the scent of fresh cedar and pine that permeated any woods hike was intoxicating.

  • 6 years ago

    Lemon Meringue Pie

  • 6 years ago

    Hydrangea smell wonderful

  • 6 years ago

  • 6 years ago

    From my archives, a blueberry loaf that tastes like a blueberry muffin

  • 6 years ago

  • 6 years ago

  • 6 years ago

    Extremely fragrant ginger

  • 6 years ago

  • 6 years ago

    I've posted this before...but....so fragrant!

  • 6 years ago

  • 6 years ago

    I'm so enjoying the aromas of everything everyone has posted!

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Blossoms of the Catalpa tree. Several of these trees are in my neighborhood and fill the air with their lovely scent in mid June.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Annie, I'm enjoying the aromas too. I can smell every one of them. The lemon pie looks and smells lol amazing.


  • 6 years ago


    The first one is thyme and the second is my favourite fragrant annual, helioptrope.

  • 6 years ago

    :) Enjoying all the wonderful smells. Thanks for another day brightener, everyone. (and, of course, my mouth is also watering for the pie) ;)

  • 6 years ago

    Rain's comin'. Smell it in the air?

  • 6 years ago

    Winter...I almost can. Reminds me of my summers as a kid, and my Mom

    trying to call us in before "the storm hits". We just wanted to stand out and

    get wet. :)

  • 6 years ago

    And...we did! 😊 I have the same fond memory, Uptown. Then running through every puddle we could find. The bigger the better. Ahhh! The good old days. I wonder what my neighbors would think if they saw this 80 year old running around in the rain we're expecting shortly. Being frisky shouldn't stop in childhood. 😊

  • 6 years ago

    Lavender

  • 6 years ago

    Winter..Ok....the next rain storm...we will go out and do it!!!!! And, then we can

    talk about it and smile. Hope I can move half as fast as I did then, though.

  • 6 years ago

    You've got a deal, Uptown !!! With my lumpy old knees and my country walking stick...we'll make quite a pair. But I'll bet we'll be the envy of the wide-eyed neighborhood. 😊

  • 6 years ago

    LOL...thanks for such a feel good few minutes today. Have a great day....and

    be safe.

  • 6 years ago

    You remind me of the time I was a child. It was summer and a huge rain storm was coming. I was so fascinated that just in the field there it was pouring and where I was it was dry yet. I remember my father yelling at me to get inside before I got wet, but I was too enchanted by this sudden phenomenon of being completely dry to completely wet to let it go so quickly.

  • 6 years ago

    Winter, when I was deciding what to post, I was thinking of a pic that would represent the fragrance of snow in the air too.

  • 6 years ago

    Oh...this is such a delightful morning. Memories abound. Isn't it amazing what accurate weather predictors our noses are?! A sign that we pay attention to all the little nuances that life has to offer. So many people don't...or...they're too busy to stop and smell the roses. I think...we're blessed! I, too, smell the snow before it starts to fall. Thanks for that reminder, Annie. 😊

  • 6 years ago


    'Graham Thomas' rose.

  • 6 years ago

    Freesia

  • 6 years ago



  • 6 years ago

    Basil, dill, thyme, butterfly, etc.

  • 6 years ago

    This is an off-topic picture. I finally captured a picture of one of the hawks that hunts in my area yesterday. In addition, notice in the background that there's still smog in southern California and there are red tides (phytoplankton blooms) on the water.



  • 6 years ago

    Not so familiar with your fauna fun, but in our area, I'd presume that bird was a turkey vulture of which we have a lot in our area.

    Turkey vulture. Picture off the internet for identification purposes.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    @Annie Deighnaugh You may be right. I don't recall the red head, but it flies so fast that it's hard to capture with the camera or my eyes. I sometimes see them hunting in pairs.

    ETA: I had a shot from a different angle and was able to enlarge it. While blurry, I think it does have a red head! Thanks, @Annie Deighnaugh, for the correction. I'm pretty unfamiliar with flora and fauna identifications, so it's great to have someone give me the right names for the plants and animals I see.



  • 6 years ago

    Not a pleasant smell, but one you notice. Photinia's smell has been compared to lots of nasty odors. Look it up and see what I mean. It is National Sense of Smell day, not pleasant smell day.

  • 6 years ago

  • 6 years ago

    My new tree rose smells heavenly!