SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339647040

French Country decor

Jilly
4 years ago

Another thread has me thinking of this subject. It’s a style I’ve always loved for the rich textiles, the inherent warmth, beautiful finishes, graceful patterns, lovely textures ..... and incorporating all of those into such collected, cohesive, comfortable, luxurious, and stylish rooms. It’s not everyone’s taste, I understand, but in a Houzz sea of hard, clean lines, dull gray everywhere, loud paint-splatter or abstract rugs, and abject fears of mirrors and clocks, these pictures are so soothing to me. None of them look like the waiting room in a medical office.

I do remember a time when the Americanized version of this style was heavily trending (think of the old Ballard Designs catalog), and it started to get a fair amount of pushback. Ahh, memories. :)

Anyway, just wanted to share some eye candy for the maybe three others of you out there that I think will enjoy it. It’s so refreshing to see rooms that are alive with character.

As much as I love every room, these two in particular stand out to me for the amazing and exquisite talents used in mixing patterns, colors, and textures. There’s a very fine line between something looking “right” and something looking contrived. I don’t think they’re the two most beautiful here, but I keep studying them for reasons I listed above, as well as in admiration.

https://www.elledecor.com/design-decorate/trends/g10183090/french-country-style/

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH