SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gracerae1220

Xeriscape help in Texas

G. Brae
4 years ago

I am struggling with landscaping layout for our new home. The beds will be on the entire front coming out 3-5' on the left of the sidewalk and a large bed will be the entire enclosed section to the right of the sidewalk that comes around to the front of the garage. We want to do all beds with river rock and No mulch. I know I don't want normal shrubs. I am thinking about some type of dwarf tree or flowering tree on the ends of the house and one in the middle of the large bed.(to the right of the sidewalk) Trees I'm considering are Japanese blueberry in the bush form, crepe myrtle or bougainvillea but I'm up for any suggestions as I'm not sure how they will do there or if if will look good. We don't want something that will grow taller than the roofline. The hard part for me are the fillers as I don't want something that will multiply or get really large over time. Thinking simple and spread out quite a bit as we want low maintenance. We like grasses or flowering grasses. I like the look of yucca or agave but don't want them to get gigantic. I also like Liriope, butterfly iris, oyster plant, coleus, dwarf hydrangea, variegated flax lily, etc. Just to give an idea of plants I'm tossing around. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (9)