SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_alter

Schluter Bright White or Matte White... and grout color decisions?

Elizabeth Alter
4 years ago

Hi!

I am picking final touches for a large kitchen backsplash -- it will go from counter to ceiling with floating shelves over it. I have purchased this Equipe tile that will be used like this. It is matte white in color (though I realize looks shiny here).

I have two vertical sides to the backsplash that I have decided to go with Schluter Jolly trim to finish. I know that there is some concern about white being not true white - but I also really want to be sure the Schluter edging is matte. Which color schluter trim do you all recommend to go with? I would usually go to see in a store, but obviously that is challenging at the moment.

Also - trying to decide final decision on grout color. I'd like light grey - both to make it easier to keep clean looking, and for a slight contrast - and love the look below. I am worried about going too dark, because I don't want it to be too overwhelming of a pattern. Our cabinets are similar to dark grey below (but counters are white quartz). My tile guy wants to use Custom Building Products Prism line - I hear Platinum is popular, but the contrast of the sample to the tile is so little (see pic - sorry for the dust) I'm worried it will look dingy. Is Platinum darker than the sample? or would Delorian or Cape Gray better or will it be too dark?

Schluter Bright White Jolly Trim
Schluter Matte White Jolly Trim

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES