SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_otrakoune

Please help! Tiny white bugs in soil!

I'm sorry if I don’t follow common curtesy I haven’t yet really explored this forum yet! This is my first post and I’ve looked into every post similar, but have yet to find a clear answer!

I have these super tiny little off whitish color bugs in the soil of my fiddle leaf fig plant. I can’t tell if they are root aphids or soil mites as I haven’t come in counter with either (knock on wood) till now! There’s practically and infestation which worries me since bugs is masses is a little skeevy.

Some background info on my fiddle is that I’ve had this 5 footer for about 6 months. It’s in a unglazed maybe 5 gallon pot with rocks Maybe a 1/4 of a way on the bottom and half miracle grow moist control and half indoor potting mix. About a month ago I had a fungus gnat problem from over watering that has dramatically died down, now I only catch maybe one a day where as before id find 2 in my coffee before I could finish drinking it!

But now instead of fungus gnats I have these little bitty bugs crawling all over the soil and pot. I don’t see them on the leaves or up the trunk, theres no webbing and there’s really no damage or anything wrong with my fiddle leaf fig aside from it not growing very quickly. I have a new leaf that’s kind of small compared to its previous leaves and the edges are reddish brown and crumbly.

please help! I love this plant so much but everything I do seems to make this plant fo everything but grow!

thank you to whoever takes the time to read and respond!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor