SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_marineau

Hallway: need decorating advice

Our bedroom wing hallway functions, was last painted in 2013, and is over due for a sprucing up. I am design challenged so I need advice.

1. Several old drywall seams need redoing, especially on the ceiling near the whole house fan. I've started this task. Wondering if I can paint the metal fan cover, which is a cream color, a little like a 50year old Navajo white.

2. Want to convert the linen alcove to a closed cabinet on top of a drawer base. We would have to hire a framing carpenter to redo the opening. Thinking of painting to match walls.

3. Painting: I've chosen a pale green BM 596 Peppermint Ice in an eggshell finish. Hope I chose the correct finish since I usually use semi-gloss.

4. Ceiling height in this house is 7'6". Do I paint it same as walls?

5. Trim is bright white - keep it the same or match the walls?

6. When the painting is completed we will remove the old stained carpet. Hubby wants me to lay wood-look laminate planks, same as in the dining room. I've already done the spare bedroom.

The general style of the house is transitional. We are not minimalist but don't like the cottage clutter look either. Tere are more photos in my ideabook.

Hallway issues and wishes · More Info

Hallway issues and wishes · More Info

Comments (12)