SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceangirlme

Suggestions needed for decorating a looong hallway

oceangirlme
14 years ago

Does anybody have any pictures that they can share on how they decorated the walls of a long hallway? Excuse the dusty floor - we were a renovation in process when this photo was taken (we still are but we're not as dusty as before!). The natural wood trim is staying, the walls have been painted BM Sailcloth and the ceilings are 9" high.

Here's what I was thinking about doing. DH has taken some beautiful photos of Midcoast Maine. I am thinking about putting the photos in frames that are all different sizes, have white mats and I was going to paint the frames a deep navy to keep things uniform.

On the right hand side the wall the first wall space is 4.5' wide and the longer stretch of wall is 9'. On the left hand side the first stretch of wall is 7.5' and the second stretch is 4.5'.

I was thinking about putting a mirror on the first wall space on the right as this faces the stairs that lead to the front door. I was going to do groupings of frames on the larger walls - maybe 2 over 3 depending upon the sizes of the frames. Is this going to look too cluttered?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (9)