SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

Las Vegas Tacos

User
4 years ago

These are the tacos that we adore but they are a pain to make (messy anyway -- I need a firehose to clean the stove after --LOL!). We call them Las Vegas Tacos not for the town in Nevada but rather for a small Mexican restaurant in wyandotte County, Kansas where we ate our first Mexican food and to me, these tacos ARE tacos -- and occasionally you will find some similar. We think they are THE BEST!!!

What makes them different? The shells are corn and deep fried with the meat INSIDE! Once the shells are done, they are "dressed" with lettuce, tomato, shredded Cheddar and a sprinkle of Parmesan. The meat mixture also includes peas (canned peas -- frozen won't work) and it's not seasoned except with cumin and salt -- no spice!

This type of taco was the first we ever ate as a middle schooler and it remains our favorite to this day. And over the years I have perfected the recipe. Sadly, the restaurant is no longer in business. As a teen, it was so cool to be eating "exotic" food like tacos. My aunt worked "outside the home" and I guess they went there for lunch and she took us there one weekend sometime after. We liked tacos!

Comments (14)