SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_969287277

Master bath tile- bullnose or miter?

Aj P
4 years ago

Recently received some good input here on kitchen countertops. Now comes the master bath tile. The tile throughout shower walls and floors is Calacatta polished porcelain 24x48. Originally planned to finish the edges (along with 3 niche shelves and bench) with a matching marble (not an exact match) or quartz stone (notice the two comparison pictures here with the marble shelf on left side and the Calacatta tile to the right). However, just discovered today that the stone shop does not have a slab of matching marble large enough to cover bullnose for both sides of the shower wall as well as the bench top. The 3 niche shelves (one of which is shown in photo) have already been cut. No schluter in this bath. The two options to finish the two shower walls (about 3/4" from wall to surface of tile) are below. Your thoughts on this? p.s. vanity tops are Carrera marble, as shown here.

1) Source a matching (not 100% matching) marble or quartz slab from another supplier

2) Miter the shower wall edges and bench top with the same Calacatta tile. This option is still available, as only two tiles have been set with unfinished edge this far.

On a side note, the tile guy, although extremely precise in his tile cuts and leveling tile to avoid lippage, isn't too skilled in making stub out holes, even though he has a hole saw. I even offered to buy him a new blade, which he declined. He's been doing tile for over 30 years (from Brazil). I understand the unnecessarily large (sloppy) holes will be concealed. However, I'm OCD with stuff like this. Your take?

Comments (2)