SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Back from the wilds

plllog
4 years ago

I wrote a long, probably boring, report on my day out. It went poof (wrong button). I think this is better written, but i can't promise interesting. :)

Thrilled that my doctor never did have a busy office, so saying yes to coming in wasn't a big issue. Their group are decentralized, in separate suites. I was the only patient there. I had to touch the gas pump and parking meter (did use the old Purell that has been in my car too long), washed at the doctor's, but still had to do the elevator buttons and front door handle on my way out. Used the back of my hand. The janitor, gloved and masked, let me in, and called the elevator. He'd been mopping. Presumably he also cleans the door handles and elevator buttons, but who knows who else has touched them since? Especially in a medical building. At least I could park on the street instead of braving the valet. :)

Pharmacy is inside a big national chain grocery, so I shopped while waiting. I had a long list. There are some things I didn't expect to find there, and the only thing I think I missed was butter. They had a little margarine, but no butter at all. I can make do. They did have plenty of oil and Crisco (as well as some other solid vegetable shortening). I didn't expect to see paper (TP, tissues, paper towels) and, indeed, they were totally out. If we're conservative we should have enough for a good while, but you can't miss the empty aisle. They also didn't have cleaners. I'm terribly sensitive to bleach, so I'm not bummed, but I thought we should have some of some kind, just in case. There was no flour, yeast or granulated sugar. I needed powdered. They had plenty. I remembered our discussion about the weird flavor, though, so only bought a small box, rather than a big plastic pouch. I have yeast (was just looking to report) and have flour coming. They had plenty of supplies people don't know what to do with. I got a box of Swansdown because I've been thinking cake for awhile...

Only about 2/3 of the people there were wearing any kind of face covering. The checkers had good masks and gloves but not the acrylic shields some branches have installed. They were cleaning everything down between customers. and staggering people. I had the three layers of fabric, one non-woven, that is suggested. It wasn't perfect, but caught most of my exhalations, and I'm statistically unlikely to already have had it. I did wear plastic food service gloves mostly as a reminder not to touch my face, but I also washed my face when I got home, after washing my hands. Also put all the clothes and face covering right into the washer.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH