SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have you found any deals or bargains? Hhhhhhmmmm..............?

nicole___
4 years ago

While trying to limit my time to indoor activities, I've been shopping online.

I purchased a mirror for a remodel on CL. $15 They left the mirror on the front porch, I put bills in an envelope inside the screen door with a thank you card. :0) Not my usual shopping trip......but I did get a deal on a mirror. Wayfair has this mirror on sale for $223.99 click link

$100 for the vanity. It was a display model @ Lowes

Kohler Truss faucet, Ebay

Kohler Semiprofessional spring coil faucet, for the mudroom, Ebay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also found pork roast for $1.47 lb @ Safeway. They had one roast.

Anyone finding any deals in the shopping mess out there?

Comments (26)

• Rose Pekelnicky
    4 years ago

Not really a deal but I was looking for 1/4" elastic. Amazon delivery dates were in May. I am using it to make masks for the nursing home where my DIL works. I found 100 yds on Ebay for $25 including shipping. One week delivery.

nicole___ thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • Related Discussions

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately....?

Q

Comments (55)
    I get it Funky. What I like about this one is that it is a stretched canvas, no glass, which keeps it simpler. It's going into a small upstairs bedroom that has the original 1910 stained wood beadboard, so I think a poster size print will bring a pop to the walls without needing anything else. We'll see!
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals? November edition.

Q

Comments (52)
    I succumbed to another Black Friday special last night: an air fryer/toaster oven, made by Toshiba, for $60. It is on only a few other sites, like Walmart, which had it for $250-$300. I'd kept going back to the ad for a week, and did spend a few days looking around at other models/brands/sites, trying to convince myself that I didn't need to rush to buy this deal - especially since I didn't really need it (my current convection countertop oven is still working okay, although it sometimes seems to not be baking as quickly as it used to) - however, found nothing with all the features/size at anywhere near the price.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? March edition.

Q

Comments (2)
    picked up 30 lbs of sirloin tip for $2.99 a pound if this is a deal. Seasoned with a rub and vacuum packed them to freeze in 3 to 4lb chunks. Now I can sous vide a roast from the freezer or thaw and grind for lean burger. But this doesn't compare to your 99 cent ratchet screw driver. Great find, and I do like those boots.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? May edition

Q

Comments (65)
    Found this antique toy dresser at the GW today. $5.99. Looked it up when I got home--it was made by J.Bubb in London, early 19th century. Found one that sold a few years ago for $225, but it was missing all the escutcheons and 1 pull. Mine is in excellent condition, all hardware intact and with the maker's mark. I can't believe this beautiful toy is almost 200 years old!
    ...See More
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

Nothing much lately except that because my sister is downsizing and moving, she gave me the big serving spoon and fork that she thought belonged to our grandmother. But it turns out that they go to the silver set I have that my mom brought with her when she moved in with me!! I am so psyched about those! I don't really know if the silverware belonged to my grandmother or not. It's been around at least almost 69 years (my life) so it could be that it was hers.

I always love seeing what bargains you find. I guess having your rentals allows for more finding and using that others might do!! Good work, beautiful finds!!

nicole___ thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • bengardening
    4 years ago

I found pork roast for 1.29 a pound last week

nicole___ thanked bengardening
  • dees_1
    4 years ago

I found a wedding dress at Goodwill for $5. Going to send it to a friend who makes dresses for Angel babies.

nicole___ thanked dees_1
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 years ago

Chicken (bone in, breasts, thighs, legs or tenders) all $0.35/#. Thanks to a neighbor that works at the store tipping me to it!

Also a Ninja Auto-IQ coffee bar system - missing the carafes, but otherwise intact & working - and a large box of good condition toddler - early grade school books, on the curb in my neighborhood - folks have been busy with garage, basement and closet cleanouts while under state orders to stay at home. All kinds of toys, furniture, appliances etc being set on the curb for the trash.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago

I have not been out of the house except to the grocery store and I have been restraining myself from ordering online.

I need more games to play! 😂

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

murraysmom....actually...the house we live in ....is a mess! :0) The finish work is crap. The plumber missed the wall, has a pipe coming out of the floor. They built a box, then set a pedestal sink on top of it. It's too high up, pipes in the wall that show. It's just wrong. That's the new vanity, faucet & mirror for THIS bathroom.

The upstairs bathroom had a broken granite counter top. The inside of the bowls Were UNFINISHED! Took it out, Leveled the cabinets, which meant ripping the back splash off...so I purchased new ORB faucets, towel bar(not installed yet)....

Before:

After:

• salonva
    4 years ago

well, we went to Costco today. Super impressed that they are doing what really all retailers should be doing. They wipe down each cart before you take one, they have marked on the floor where you wait at the registers a six foot mark. After each customer checks out, the cashier wipes down the conveyor belt, the plastic shield between customer and cashier, as well as the keypads. Same thing at their gas. Truly amazing and they are protecting their employees. Enough about Corona though---- we got the one pound of spring mix salad -- they have pallets of them --- for $1.97.

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • bengardening
    4 years ago

I was at Walmart last week and they were doing that with their carts too and then over in the deli dept, they were wiping everything down in front of that too

nicole___ thanked bengardening
  • abbisgram
    4 years ago

Found Weight Watchers ice cream bars on clearance @ $2, usually $4. I hoarded 4 boxes. LOL Bought a Buck Stove gas heater for mom for $140. Same type I bought for myself over a year ago. Both found on Craigslist. Hers was the bargain though. I paid more for mine and hers came with a blower. Mine didn't. Switching her over from a woodstove for several reasons.

nicole___ thanked abbisgram
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

Nicole, wow, what a difference!! Nice work. That new sink will look great. Much better than what is there now!! You do find the neatest pieces!! Nice that you can replace the junk or broken with much nicer!!

• desertsteph
    4 years ago

I sure appreciate that they are doing that for their employees. a week or so back when I went to W they were wiping down the carts for customers and handing out gloves. I've also heard on our news that they are installing the plastic guards between customer and clerks too. another great idea for both sides.

I guess I'll try to go out early to one of the stores on a non senior day and see if I can find a few things. I don't need much for now but would like to get some tp and pt, a box of tin foil, trash bags and another doz eggs. the less I go out the better and then maybe I won't need to go out for a week or so.

nicole___ thanked desertsteph
  • marilyn_c
    4 years ago

I haven't found any bargains, but I "almost" got a package of toilet paper. I was in walmart and saw an employee walking back towards the tp aisle. I figured she was taking it back to the shelf, so I was right behind her. I should have shouted out, but I didn't. Got there and 3 guys were standing there talking, and she said, "Hey, want this?" Of course one of them took it. 8-\

nicole___ thanked marilyn_c
  • sprtphntc7a
    4 years ago

these were a $1 each at my produce store. tag said $14.99!!! i don't know who would pay that price??? But for $1, could not pass up a 'cheer' :)

nicole___ thanked sprtphntc7a
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Just before we went into lockdown, I was at the local thrift store and spotted these brand new leather Merona driving gloves. They were $1, but it was half off day, so I got them for 50 cents! They are longer than standard gloves and come to about mid-arm. So comfy and elegant - just love them.

nicole___ thanked DawnInCal
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yesterday, I purchased a commercial grade piece of nylon carpet , 12'x29' for $350. It's dark green with a little tiny pattern to it. Won't show dirt, for a rental. It will come out of the dog deposit, they had 3! The looped, oatmeal colored berber became a chew toy for the great dane puppy. :0) Destructive, but.......sooooooo cute!

4 years ago

Jarred spices marked down 75% (mixes like Berberi, Shawarma and Mojo, which I will use!) and cans of pumpkin pie mix for 50 cents. I don't normally use the cans of mix, but at that price I will - I'll just have to doctor the spices a bit. I love pumpkin pie and will make one for my next sweet treat day!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

$6.88 Home Depot, Special purchase, not ALL stores have them....36" & heavy!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I stopped into Habitat Restore.....and....found MY alabaster light I'd purchased 25 years ago, for a house I sold. 25 years ago I paid $1000 + shipping....around $200. Made in Spain. They wanted $60 for it. Went back 5 weeks later and it was still there, half off...$30. I thought about it....where to hang it, it's BIG 30".....and purchased it today! :0)

It FUN to see it in MY house again....!

Here's a used one like it: Alabaster light fixture - value

• functionthenlook
    3 years ago

From one of the local groups I got a John Deer 4 1/2 ft tall windmill for $20 last week. They don't make them anymore. It is so cute and now I can tell how windy it is when the trees are bare from the window.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • Alisande
    3 years ago

I haven't purchased any bargains, but I created some. I've been using this time of isolation to do some clearing out, and I offered some items for free: a heavy Samsonite wardrobe suitcase, the toilet I replaced, a George Foreman grill, and a comforter. I explained that I'd been isolating since March 6, so there were no worries about bringing these things into their homes. I had no contact with the takers; they just removed the items from my porch.

Then I was reminded that I had bags of Salvation Army donations in my car, so I offered the clothing for free too. It went to someone who was giving it to a woman getting out of an abusive relationship. That felt good. When I was told she had two kids I asked for the ages and added a box of children's books.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I purchased 4, Goldflame Honeysuckle. $1 each! Regular $10 each. Will they need additional support on stucco columns?

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Maybe a little twine to help them out???

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

No bargains from any stores, but my sister told to me I could go over to her old house and see if there is any furniture or anything else I might want!!! She moved into a "residence" apartment a month ago and her kids have been working on emptying out the old house. I will pop in over there and see what's left. You never know!!!

3 years ago

Nicole__, honeysuckle is a twining vine so it needs something it can twine around to climb. A trellis is ideal, but fishing line makes a decent substitute and is not easily visible either.