SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Something to pass the time--Richard Norris introductions

I am getting really bored, especially when it's not nice enough to go outside and work in the garden. So I thought I would start a thread about some of my favorite hybridizers. Richard Norris is the first. Richard's garden was the first hybridizer's garden we visited when we started in daylilies. He has been very gracious to show us around his place and tell us about his hybridizing. We consider him a long-distance mentor (he lives about 6 hours away from us).

His intros do very well in our garden. Here are some of our favorites. Feel free to add any of yours.

Remembered Kisses is probably my absolute favorite.

Richard doesn't work for orange but when Ashwood Inferno showed up, he had to introduce it.

Ashwood Rings of Saturn has an interesting pattern.

Ashwood Summer Sunshine was one of the first Norris plants we purchased. We use it a lot in hybridizing. One of our intros has it as a parent.

But Wait, There's More is a fabulous plant. It usually starts blooming single, but later flowers are double.

Although we don't grow many diploids, we had to have Daniel Howard Norris. It is in Richard's flat-faced diploid line.

I'll put the rest in the comments.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio