SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christy25

Need Help Decorating My Flagstone Landing & Steps For My Rear Patio

christy25
4 years ago

I'm trying to be productive during this time when everything is shut down.

I'm the worst at decorating, but at the same time really appreciate good decorating. So, I was hoping someone could please help me with ways to decorate my patio Landing & Steps. Please consider things like placement & size of items such as urns, potted plants/flowers/herbs, lanterns, & any other appropriate decor that will hold up to the weather. We also need to replace the builder light fixture - ideas/size? I'm also technically challenged, so I don't know how to mock-up a picture with things I'm considering - maybe you can mock up a picture of what you are thinking and/or provide links to items?

I live in Bucks County, PA (suburbs of Philly), where there are old stone farm houses (not mine though) and rolling hills (in the more rural parts). I prefer classic look & maybe some rustic touches. The back of my home faces the South. We just had the patio done last year & have lots of landscaping to figure out. The covered up item in the bed, is the attached fountain (although the finish on mine is a darker bronze) & the tree in front of the bistro set is a Kousa Dogwood. We will hopefully be getting a large, wicker (dark brownish/blackish finish), 90 degree sectional for the 15'x15' "lower patio" (currently where the old swing & miscellaneous chairs are), a large rectangular firepit coffee table, and 2 wicker chairs. Once I get the sectional, then I can get matching cushions & an umbrella for our dining table. Also, was possibly thinking of putting a "sofa" table behind the sectional & maybe some outdoor lamps.

My back door is a sliding door, with the door sliding to the right (when standing on the landing). So technically, there could be items placed in front of the right side of the door. (although not sure I want items in front of the glass). We do have an outlet behind the bush to the left of the door. There are 2 lights spaced out under the lip of each step.

Landing Measurements: 11' Wide x 4' Deep

Width of Landing on Each Side of Door: 32"

Treads" 11' Wide x 16" Deep

Thank you in advance.

Comments (12)