SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

High Rise Dogs/Prisons/Hookers a Covid ramble

lucillle
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I was just thinking about how pets are faring. The owners of most dogs (maybe not the purse size dogs which could be trained to use something similar to a cat box) have to walk them a couple times a day. For someone that has a yard that isn't a big deal, and for someone like me in a relatively lower density environment where I do not usually run into anyone else just taking my dog to the front and side of the apt complex property avoiding close contact is not a problem.

But if you live in a city high rise you would have to get into the enclose space of an elevator which many other people use to take your dog out at least twice a day. That is a lot of potential exposure. I am hoping that those dog owners can find good answers if the social distancing prevents easy access to the outdoors.

I have seen no articles at all about Covid in prisons. I do know that when I had a job for a few years as a nurse in a jail there were TB cases in the general population because some of the other nurses would not get and attach the TB test results to the charts. The rapid spread of Covid is certainly a matter of concern because there are limited numbers of isolation cells and once the cases exceed those, what would be done?

I'm thinking certain professions are going to have a tough time. Even if one could work from home, hookers and masseuses are likely to get few clients, and might have to find other ways to make a living. I certain hope their clients do not give in to any temptation to pay strangers to scratch their itches in the present pandemic.

Comments (4)