SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rfharmon

Privacy Screen Issue

rfharmon
4 years ago

My new house is located on a corner lot and has two front yards with 20ft set backs or 4.5ft height restrictions for fencing. I would like to add more privacy to my yard since I'm also located downhill so my neighbor across the street on the right-side and neighbor who sits below me can both see directly into my yard. Consequently, I am considering a Emerald Green Arborvitae hedge. I have a few questions:

1. is it okay to put the hedge on the outside of the fence so it doesn't eat my yard space or would it be more ascetically more pleasing to see the trees inside of the backyard... I will also add small trees, inside and outside of the yard.
  2. I don't have any privacy issues with my neighbors on the light-side since they have a ranch-style home so I'm wondering if it would be strange to just have a L-shaped hedge where they are privacy issues... I've only seen U-shaped or single row hedges.
  3. By chance, if you have any ideas about that rock garden in the middle of the yard, please share them... I've been thinking about removing it

My yard (bottom left):

My yard (bottom right, from inside of the fence):

My yard (from the right-side)

Comments (7)