SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valentine55677

Additional freezer space

Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm looking into a standalone freezer to have extra freezer space available - the room in my side by side limits my ability to have not just a decent stock of meat/poultry, but also to freeze homemade sauces and soup bases in a sufficient quantity for feeding a family of 2 adults and four kids (I'm one of the adults) - even on those evenings where everyone is tired/cranky and getting fast food or takeout is the easy choice but not the healthy one.

I'm not sure of what type (chest/horizontal style or standing/reach in similar to a regular fridge side by side), if I need one that is 'garage ready' since it will be going in the garage because that's where we have the space for it, and whether certain brands are better than others? I live in zone 5a (Nebraska) so the freezer will be in a garage without any means of climate/temperature control during hot/humid summers and cold/freezing winters. Size will probably be a max of 15cuft (I need extra space, not enough to store a body)! Anyone have advice on all of this to give me?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)