SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339647040

Ida ... hobby pictures

Jilly
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

This is going to be many posts, as I couldn’t decide which I wanted to share! And these aren’t even half of them. :)

I started making beaded jewelry a year ago ... for me and for friends/family. It’s very enjoyable. I’m self-taught, but still learning various techniques. Everyone is urging me to get a website (sell my items), but honestly, I don’t feel I’m at that level. I have done a couple of custom orders for friends of friends, but only because I know them personally and was asked.

I also dabble in mobiles, and during Christmas, did beaded metal snowflakes. I LOVE doing those! Link to some I did:
https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5827527/beaded-snowflake-ornaments#n=17

After my pics, I’ll post my DH’s models. He was at Hobby Lobby one day, helping me choose beads, and wandered over to the aisle with Metal Earth models. Picked one up and became addicted! It’s such intricate work. We had to buy a lighted magnifying mirror for us both. :D The pieces come in sheets and you put it together. He’s also started doing wood models, similar in that they also come in sheets.

Thanks for asking and looking! I stage my pieces for my Instagram account, just for fun.

Bear with me, it’s going to take me a few minutes. :)

To be continued! .........

Comments (44)