SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charles_fernandez40

Houseplant Lighting Questions

Hi, all. Have a couple of questions concerning house plant husbandry.

I have quite a few houseplants that I keep all on one wall of a room. Everything ranging from succulents to a large ficus. My question is that, since im located in a north-west facing window, are my plants getting the sunlight they need? I live in Florida, and our sunlight does get intense at times— will this effect my plants and provide them with better sun? On the window sill I have various succulents, cacti, and a kalonche. Directly in front of the window but not on the sill I have two desert rose, a tropical hibiscus, majesty palm, and red mangroves. On the floor in front of the window i have a sago palm and money tree. Further to the right blocked by the wall i have a benjamin ficus, orchids, a fern, dumb cane, arrowhead, peace lily, and bromeliads. Above all of these i have a 32 watt LED grow lamp that shines on all the plants from the wall. The plants it is closest to (about 4”) is one of my orchids. About two feet from it is the ficus and tropical hibiscus, and then the farthest plant from it is the majesty palm and the other plants located directly on/in front of the window. The farthest plant I have from the window and grow light is a madagascar dragon palm and a nerve plant— but throughout the day the windows light still shines on their leaves. I leave the window wide open, no blinds or curtains or anything block the light. With all these light factors, do you think my plant species be able to thrive?

thank you!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH