SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_250784160

Kitchen Counter -- what should I do

C A
4 years ago

Hi! I'm renovating a new apartment - overseas actually. And the kitchen is a bit weird cause on one wall, there is an extension because it's a column of the building. On the other wall, there is a diagonal angled wall and the counter and cabinet shelves on the left have to fit into that.

There are photos attached. Then there is a photo of the counter design and the counter is drawn in yellow-hard to see.

1. What would you do at that column section which is right next to the fridge? In just that one part of the kitchen, the depth from the wall is smaller than the section of wall where the sink and other counter is. Do I just make a counter there and stop, then make a counter where the sink is all the way straight? He drew it so that they connect, however he made it with the design to overlap 5 cm between those two different depths of wall which I worry might be a weird choice.

2. I also attached a photo of the other wall on the other side, it doesn't have a column but there is an angle -diagnoal wall at the left and he wanted to cut the counter in an angle too at the front. Of course the side of the counter will fit into the diagonal shape, but why also cut the front? It can be straight. Isn't that a better look? There is a door to outside but that place but I checked and the door has room to open and cutting that extra angle at the front won't make a difference in that. The door definitely will not be affected but cutting that angle in or not, we checked (the door is much smaller than what appears in the drawings)

Comments (11)