Trouble with posting on Houzz?

Peke (Patti)

Is anyone else having trouble with Houzz and posting? One person thought her phone was acting up, but I think it is the website.

I can only delete one letter at a time. I cannot hold down the delete key and erase a lot at one time. I can't erase or correct words sometimes. Many times, the first letter I type does not show up, and it will not let me add it. I have to either back out of the page, or I highlight it then hit Ctrl X to delete it. Highlight and delete does not work.

Also I am not getting messages when someone has responded to a post that I began. Something is going on with Houzz.

It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, I answer a post and it never appears. All of this never happens with other websites.

SaveComment21Like
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey W.

So sorry to hear that! Please shoot us a line through help.houzz.com and our team is happy to assist.

Save     Thanked by Peke (Patti)
Peke (Patti)

Thanks, I will.

Save    
Peke (Patti)

Ok, where in particular on help.houzz.com.? All I found was a bunch of links to click on.

Save    
Lindsey W.

Hi Patti, help.houzz.com should be taking you to the Houzz help page where you can click on "Contact Us" to submit a request. To hopefully make this a little easier, here is a direct link to the request form so you can submit a request to our help team for further assistance with these issues.

Save     Thanked by Peke (Patti)
Peke (Patti)

Thanks.

1 Like Save    
Alice Edwards

I am having trouble also. Have used this site for years and last few days have tried to post a situation and when I go to add pic, it shows, but then I hit next and get completely kicked out, time and time again. Any one els? I updated and restarted but no help. Trying to get on help HOUZZ link tonight.

1 Like Save    
Alice Edwards

I submitted a request, stay tuned :)

Save    
Linda Dornan

I have also tried repeatedly to add a new post today. When I hit Next, the app completely shuts down. I even deleted the app and reinstalled, then shut down and restarted my phone. No luck.

Save    
Alice Edwards

Lyndsey, thank you, the link made it really easy, let’s see what I am doing wrong,lol

Save    
mkschu

I’m having the same problem... as soon as I try to add a picture to my post then click next, I’m kicked out. Have tried for several days without success.

Save    
Alice Edwards

I have heard back from help desk and they asked if the trouble was with website or mobile app? I replied back today that I was using the mobile app, have not heard back as of yet.

Save    
hemina

Having the same issue. I can’t post with out without pictures from mobile, for a new dilemma. I seem to be able to post to an existing one, but it uses unedited/uncropped photos. This last update stinks!

Save    
Peke (Patti)

My problems only happen with the the website. I assumed it was either my wifi or my laptop, but then figured out it was only happening with Houzz.

Save    
Haoyu Chen

Hi there, I believe if you update your app with the newest version at IOS app store, problem should be fixed, I just tried it and works for me :). Make sure you have updated to the newest version 4435.

How to check your app version? 1) Go your profile page 2) Click the upper right setting icon. You will see the version as below.

2 Likes Save    
Haoyu Chen

@Alice Edwards @hemina @Peke (Patti) @mkschu FYI

1 Like Save    
hemina

Thank you @Haoyu Chen! The app should have been updating automatically, but when I looked I was on an older version. 😀

1 Like Save    
mkschu

Thank you @Haoyu Chen! That worked! Mine also was set to automatically update, but had not. I was able to post my dilemma and will hopefully get some much needed help!

1 Like Save    
Alice Edwards

Many thanks to you all. I did look at the version I had and did update to suggestion version. Now to post :)

1 Like Save    
Peke (Patti)

I am the OP. Still having problems with website...not app.

I post a new dilemma and I never see it again. Only happens sometimes. Also, keyboard stops working. Only happens with Houzz.

Save    
Haoyu Chen

Hi @Peke (Patti), do you mean you can't find the question you posted before? Did you try to see your activity page here https://www.houzz.com/activities/user/patti_yohe/posts? Right now, it's in profile page (not a easy find).

Save    
Peke (Patti)

Yes. And, usually I get a notification that shows me that someone responded. Other times, I don't get notifications or see the post again unless I can remember what I titled it as.

Today, everything posted fine, but sometimes my online keyboard quits working. When trying to type the first word, sometimes it misses the first few letters, then will not let me backspace to fix it. I can highlight the word, but it will not delete with backspace/delete key. I can highlight and hit CTRL X and it will delete it.

Only happens on Houzz website.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Houzz Call: Who'll Post the First Snow Photo of 2013?
If the weather's been flaky in your neck of the woods, please show us — and share how you stay warm at home
Full Story
Houzz Call For Houzz’s 10th Anniversary, Share Your Favorite Photo
We want to see the photo from Houzz that has inspired or delighted you most
Full Story
Working With Pros Inside Houzz: What You Can Learn From a Houzz Photo
By Houzz
Get access to the designer's info, product names, other photos in the project and much more by clicking on a Houzz image
Full Story