SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tikkitikki

48-hours 'til paint decision!

elise
4 years ago

We're building a house in the opposite corner of the country from our current location, and I am required to submit my final design decisions by Monday. The paint is throwing me off BIG TIME. I can choose any color of Sherwin Williams for the walls, but the trim is only available in SW Extra White. The kitchen cabinets are whatever white comes from the manufacturer, but seem to be a pretty close match to SW Extra White (I saw everything in person last week).

Meanwhile, our island is called Maritime Blue with Hanstone Quartz counter in Chantilly Lace (a very bright white with grey marbling). Perimeter counters on the white cabinets are a light grey. Backsplash is bright white 3x12 subway tile. Floors are Mohawk Sawyer Estate in Acadia Natural.

https://www.mohawkflooring.com/tile/detail/32298-300696/Sawyer-Estate-Acadia-Natural

I am so torn on wall color. Originally I thought I wanted Alabaster, but now I'm worried it will be too yellow. Pure White looks lovely in photos online, but I worry about how it will look with Extra White trim and ceilings (or do I have the ceiling painted Pure White, too?).

Main concerns with Extra White everywhere is that it will a) be too stark, and b) appear so white our cabinets look "off" or dingy.

Would SO appreciate anyone's help before I sign on the dotted line on Monday . . . !

Comments (9)