SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynncrenshaw80

Need help with kitchen cabinet hinges and rehanging cabinet doors

I need to change the hinges on my kitchen cabinets because some of the old ones are no longer keeping the doors closed. I bought new ones and a new pull to see if I liked them. I did, so I got more and rehung four doors in a section of the kitchen. My "test" cabinet worked great. No issue, door closed properly immediately. But, the other three do not close properly anymore even though they used to.

Obviously, I am doing something wrong in how I am tightening the screws but I cannot figure out what that is. I checked the internet and found a video for some different types of hinges where some screws move the door up and down and others in an out, but cannot find anything for the type of hinge I am using and I have tried everything and cannot figure it out.

The hinges are called 3/8 inset. That means they show on the outside of the cabinet and have three screws on the inside plate.

If you have any experience with changing hinges and rehanging kitchen cabinet doors, please give me some advice.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville