SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Kitchen scissors? Shears? Recommendations?

petalique
4 years ago

[I find the search function for these forums is very awkward and limited, unless someone knows some tricks; so I’ve resorting to starting a new thread.]

My flat, come apart, never was crazy for them, kitchen shears finally broke. I usually use knives or cleavers, but II think someone else here uses the scissors or shears — perhaps only to cut twine or dunno. I was thinking I’d pick up another pair.

I spotted some Oxo GG Poultry shears ( ~$27) but the reviews had a lot of negs, saying spring was glued, broke or came apart. One person saild some little button cap came off and broke her dishwasher crumb chomper $$$.

webrestaurant sells a Vitorinox, all stainless, about $29, with some blah reviews, and they look uncomfortable to grip. And that spring has broken on some users.

Maybe I should just get another junky cheap flat come apart pair. I have only rarely wanted to cut poultry, come to think of it. I forgot what I use them for, but use them ;-) I’ve never spatchcocked a chicken, but I’ve considered some people might benefit from it.

Any recommendations, or should I just look for another $8 pull apart pair? Maybe someone has found good enough, inexpensive, versatile kitchen scissor/shears they can recommend? And what do people use them for? Just poultry?

Comments (38)