SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julesjan

Kitchen/pantry layout help

julie S
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Looking for constructive feedback/suggestions on this kitchen and pantry layout. We are a family of 6 (4 kids), so I need something where we can all move around each other. I am really the sole cook unless we have extended family around. Style of the home is a modern English country, around 5300sf, 2 stories, and almost the entire rear of the home is windows in order to take in the views.

I plan to take out the wall where you see the big X in order to bring more natural light into the pantry, as well as continue the countertop and cabinets on that wall to give a more open feel.

I'm unsure as to the pantry layout and where to place the extra fridge. This will just be a standard fridge/freezer that I would like to have recessed to counter depth. I also am unsure about the ice maker. My husband wants a commercial grade pebble ice machine, but I'm concerned it will be loud and ugly (so considering moving this to the laundry room, which is just south of the mudroom). I also want some open storage for food items. And plan to house our coffee maker, toaster oven, and maybe mixer in the pantry as well.

Comments (25)