SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crystal_lane80

Kitchen drawer layout on lower cabinets - need suggestions

The_Lane_Duo
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are having custom cabinets built for our new build home. This is the current proposed layout for the kitchen cabinets. A couple things to note...the frig/freezer & cabinets above will all aline, the fridge/freezer I am buying are equal widths and not off like he has shown. On the island photo, the opening you see to the far left is for the microwave drawer. The door leading off the kitchen is walk-in pantry. The cabinets on that long wall continues into the pantry for more storage. The sink will be a large single basin (not farmhouse style). Also, we are having a shallow drawer at the bottom below the sink cabinet. The place I need suggestions I feel like is on the wall where the range is. I feel like I may need to adjust the drawer sizing/placement. Maybe change the cabinet opening on the far end to drawers at the bottom as well? The biggest drawer looking piece you see is for a trashcan pullout.

Measurement's to note: Entire wall of cabinets is roughly 171", according to cabinet maker. That is broken down as follows, from left to right on that wall: 24" upper with 18" upper beside it (I will do 24" open shelving beside the 18" upper) then leaving some space on each side of the 48" hood. On the other side of the hood will be a little space again, 24" open shelving, then 18" upper. Then, moving to the lower run from left to right is 24" to match cabinet above. The next section until the stove is roughly 48-49". The tall cabinet looking door is actually a trash pullout. Then a tier of drawers then a narrow pullout that I have asked for to have the Metal tins up top to put all my wood spoons in vertically, etc. The other narrow pullout side will likely be for spices. So, basically to summarize, The range is 48" Flanked by the 48-49" sets of cabinets on each lower side and ending on the left end with the tall cabinet that is 24" wide. I added that on so that I could have a way to use a different backsplash in my kitchen compared to the old reclaimed brick in my dining. Plus, I felt it finished out the end of my cabinets better and allowed for more storage. I hope all this makes sense?! Feel free to ask questions for clarifications.

Pantry cabinets extended on from the kitchen as shown below:

Comments (18)